How to book your bicycle transport to and from Durban & Umhlanga
Durban is so close to JHB that even though we state our main centre transit time as 3 days, this route very often happens much faster and overnight options are most certainly available as an extra. Either way, book your bicycle transport online right here and tell us when and where to collect, either from your home or office – or a local bike shop if you need help boxing the bike. Suggestions below.
Durban Bike Shops
Cycling in Durban brings back memories of the valley of a thousand hills, the Amashova, sprinting down a vacant N2 to the finish at the rugby stadium, and hints of the fun IRONMAN® 70.3, warm waters and post Sani2c excursions. Need to have your bicycle boxed for transport to/from Durban? Consider these fine shops below.
- Cycles Specialist TREK store on the rooftop of the Eastmans Superspar building in Glen Ashley is a lovely bikeshop with friendly staff ready to help you with your local cycling needs, including boxing your bicycle for transport. Speak to Alicia.
- Cyclelab Cornubia is another convenient megastore option closer to the airport and we love the quick turnaround time where you can often hand in your bike to be boxed in the morning and we can often already collect later in the afternoon.
- Leigh’s Cycle Centre is the Specialized store in Umhlanga and a perfect choice for having your bicycle serviced and boxed to have it shipped on to your next adventure. Chat to the friendly owners Leigh and Susan Durham today.
- Cyclesphere Durban GIANT is KZN’s Biggest stockist of Giant Bicycles and Cycling Accessories and they are centrally situated inland from the Moses Mabhida stadium across the R102. Another option close by is DVH Deno van Heerden cycles.
- Concept Cyclery powered by Burry Stander is the Specialized store a bit further up the coast in Ballito but often also qualifies for the reduced rates if the dimensions of the boxes fall within standard parameters. How convenient.