We can help!
Ask us how…
Sending bicycles as easy as 1-2-3
You probably don’t have boxes or the time or patience to box it yourself. So simply drop it off at a local bike shop in Durban for them to box the bikes and we will collect directly from the shop when ready. And then send it up to JHB to deliver at your chosen address. You can even send it to another bicycle shop on the receiving end. And the whole trip usually only takes 1 or 2 days (from when we collect in DBN till when we deliver in JHB). Couldn’t be easier.
How to book it
Head over to home/main/landing page and pick the bike SHOP option if you need someone to box it for you, or the DOOR-to-door option if you have already packed the bikes yourself. Book and pay online. Then we will send the waybill — either to your or the the shop at which you will have it boxed. Ready for collection!
No printer or power? No problem! We can also arrange for a manual waybill to be written during collection, saving you the trouble. And the delivery address will already be logged in our system as a security measure.
5+ examples of DBN bike shops
For this example we look at the most central DBN bike shops. There are many more up North passing Umhlanga, and loads towards Hillcrest/PMB. We can collect anywhere, this is just to get the ball rolling with a few examples below, including links to their Facebook pages:
- Deno Van Heerden Cycles – DvH Cycles – Address: Shop 10 b avonmore centre, Ninth Ave, Essenwood, Berea, 4001 – Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 8:15 am Thu – Phone: 083 546 1335
- Cyclesphere Giant Durban – Address: 2 Gordon Rd, Morningside, Durban, 4001 – Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 8 am Thu – Phone: 031 312 2559
- Solomons Cycles Durban – Address: 90 Intersite Ave, Umgeni Business Park, Durban, 4001 – Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 8 am Thu – Phone: 031 263 0011
- PEERLESS CYCLES – Address: 483 Umgeni Rd, Greyville, Berea, 4001 – Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 8 am Thu – Phone: 031 492 7772
- Cycle Specialist (TREK) – Address: Rooftop Of Eastmans Superspar, 42 Ashley Ave, Glen Ashley, Durban, 4051 – Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 8 am Thu – Phone: 031 572 5431
What does it cost?
The cost of this bicycle transport is a mere R699 per bike 1-way at the time of writing. And this is for a standard size bike box, which is 140*30*80cm. That is also the maximum allowed airline dimensions for a bike box. And most bike shops ask around R200-300 to box a bicycle, for the box and labour included.
And we do this for absolutely anywhere the whole country…
The above scenario rings true for any destination in South Africa. The only thing that changes is the rate (according to whether we are collecting from and sending to MAIN centers, or REMOTE areas). Plus the timeframe. But 99% of deliveries take 3 days. TADA!
PS, main vs remote areas?
Now which are the main centers and which are the remote areas? MAIN centers are pretty much all the largest towns and cities in the country, including (in no specific order):
- Cape Town & Paarl
- Stellenbosch & Somerset West
- George, PE & East London
- Durban & Pietermaritzburg
- Johannesburg & Pretoria
- Nelspruit & Polokwane
- Bloemfontein & Kimberley
- *Anywhere else is a REMOTE area
Book your bicycle transport now 🙂