Beam me up, SCOTT(y)
Five things you might not have known about SCOTT:
- They were the first to use aerodynamic handlebars in competitive cycling: In 1989, Scott introduced the first aerodynamic handlebars to be used in competitive cycling, giving riders a significant advantage in races.
- They make bikes for various disciplines: Scott produces bicycles for a wide range of disciplines, including road cycling, mountain biking, cyclocross, triathlon, and urban riding.
- They have a strong commitment to sustainability: Scott has been a member of the European Outdoor Conservation Association since 2015, and they work to minimize the environmental impact of their products and production processes.
- They sponsor several professional cycling teams: Scott sponsors several professional cycling teams, including Team Jumbo-Visma, Mitchelton-Scott, and Scott-SRAM MTB Racing.
- They invented the first suspension fork for mountain bikes: In 1989, Scott introduced the Unishock suspension fork, which was the first suspension fork designed specifically for mountain bikes. It was a significant advancement in the sport and paved the way for the modern mountain bike suspension systems we see today.
Chasing Trail (episode #36)
Scott bikes in South Africa
10/10/10 — Well, what do you know, there are 10 dealers each for the major areas of WC, Gauteng and Coastal/KZN, plus another 17 dealers elsewhere in the country. Beam me up, Scotty. More on scott-sports.com/za/en/
These are all the Scott dealers Western Cape (x10)
The Republic of the Western Cape has 10 Scott bicycle dealers, which can be found in Swellendfam, Paarl, Malmesbury, Worcester, Somerset West, Stellenbosch, Durbanville, plus three in Cape Town. Let’s go.
Did you know? The Western Cape is a South African province with coasts bordering the Indian and Atlantic oceans. It’s known for the port city of Cape Town, set beneath Table Mountain, part of a national park of the same name. Farther afield, winelands surround historical towns like Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl.
SWELLENDAM CYCLEWORX & SPORT
- 86 Voortrekker Rd, Malmesbury, Western Cape — map
HANGER BIKE CO
- In Diewingred,cnr R44 & Klein Helderburg Road, Somerset West — map
- C/O Banhoek Av & Andringa Street, Stelmark Centre, Stellenbosch — map
- 67 Imam Haron Road,Claremont, Cape Town — map
JOHN O CONNOR
- 3 Aquarius Building Rothesay Pl.Mouille Point ,Greenpoint, Cape Town — map
CHRIS WILLEMSE CYCLES
- Shop 12C Willbridge North, Carl Cronjé Drive, Bellville, Cape Town — map
- 56 De Waal road, Diep Rivier, Cape Town — map
These are all the Scott dealers in Gauteng (x10)
There are 10 Scott bike dealers in Gauteng and they can be found across Lynnwood, Atterbury, Pretoria, and in JHB, Kyalami, Greenstone, Bedfordview, Broadacres, Boksburg, Linden and Westdene. Below.
Did you know that Gauteng is the smallest province by land area in South Africa? Gautengaleng is a fast paced and thriving hub where brisk decision-making is at the order of the day. Wiki also says that Gauteng is situated on the Highveld and one of the nine provinces of South Africa. Egoli: The name in Sotho-Tswana languages means ‘place of gold’.
CYCLE LAB LYNNWOOD
HOT SPOT CYCLES
- Shop 2, Atterbury Lifestyle Centre, Entrance in Windsor rd cn, Pretoria — map
- Madelief Centre, Daan De Wet Nel Avenue, Dorandia 19, Pretoria — map
- 47 Barbeque Corner. 27 Dytchley Rd .Barbeque Downs, Kyalami — map
- Shop1B, Lower Level Greenstone Moto City Centre,27 Greenstone, Johannesburg — map
TONY IMPEY CYCLES
- Bedford Arcade, 55 Van Burren Rd, Bedfordview — map
- Broadacres Shopping Centre, Cedar Rd, Broadacres 7, Johannesburg — map
CYCLE LAB BOKSBURG
- Centric Park,Corner Romeo Street & North Rand Road, Driefonte, Johannesburg — map
Scott dealers in the Garden Route, Coastal, E/Cape & KZN (x10)
Find your Scott bicycle dealer along the splendour of the Garden route and East Coast, including J-Bay, George, Knysna, Oudtshoorn, Durban, DBN North, Newcastle, Pietermaritzburg, Port Shepstone and Port Elizabeth (for those of us who cannot pronounce Gqeberha properly).
Welkom in die Tuinroete! And it’s not just for hiking the Tsitsikamma or Otter or Outenique or Harkerville trails. Nope, it’s even better on a bicycle. Which is why you should send yours there and go and explore. A good start to get there from the winelands is the Cross Cape Route, which you can explore on Cape Cycle Routes. The Cross Cape cycle route is an epic journey across the Western Cape, taking cyclists through the Cape Garden Route and Klein Karoo.
J-BAY CYCLE CENTRE
ULTIMATE CYCLING KNYSNA
- 340 Victoria Road, Pietermaritzburg — map
REPUBLIC SPORTS ADVENTURE
- 2 Lothian Road, Durban North, Durban — map
WAYNE PHEIFFER CYCLES
- Garden Court,Humewood, Port Elizabeth — map
WAYNE PHEIFFER CYCLES
- Spar Centre, Primrose Square,Linton Grange, Port Elizabeth — map
These are all the Scott dealers elsewhere in South Africa (x17)
Wow, this was interesting — I didn’t about some of these outlets. Find a rural or further away Scott in Potch, Kroonstad, Lichtenburg, Klerksdorp, Upington, BFN, Kimberley, Rustenburg, VDB, Trichardt and Secunda. TADA, all done — we’ve got you covered. Last but no least, some lighthearted fun: “Ek is die lig van Lichtenburg — gelukkig kom ek nie van Pilanesberg af nie”. Not sure whether that is lucky or unlucky…
H & H CYCLES & SPORT
- 15 Lewis Str, Wilkoppies, Klerksdorp, Klerksdorp — map
PRO T CYCLES
- 63 Dr Yusuf Dadoo Avenue, Wilkoppies, Klerksdorp — map
UPINGTON CYCLE & OUTDOOR
CYCLE WORLD BLOEMFONTEIN
ALPHA BETA CYCLES
- 1 West Street, Kestellhof, Kimberley — map
- Zhovta Troyanda Centre,Shop 2,70 Chopin Street,SW 5, Vanderbijlpark- map
SALEY’S CYCLES CENTRE
- Cnr Paul Kruger & Ebrahim Daya Street, Trichardt — map
- Shop 10, Highveld Visitor Centre, 59 Church Street, Ermelo — map
LONGTOM CYCLES & SPORT
- Corner Voortrekker and Johannes Coetzer Street (Main Road to, Lydenburg) — map
- Shop 8 Tzaneen Crossing, Skirving Street, Arbor Park, Tzaneen — map
Now book your bicycle transport. We can collect from anywhere.